Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is This REALLY a Problem?


Sometimes I have to wonder, exactly what are these advertising executives smoking? I am picturing the ad meeting now...5-6 top ad designers sitting around a table throwing out ideas for the next big Charmin campaign. As the brainstorming meeting drags on someone suddenly has an epiphany! "I've got it! Cartoon Bears that are having trouble with pieces of TP sticking to their hairy butts!" The conference room erupts in applause and the group hoists the idea guy on their shoulders and breaks out in a lousy rendition of 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow'! I mean REALLY? It seems unlikely that an idea like that could be born without the aid of an illegal substance of some kind...just sayin'.

Then as I think about the message the ad sends I have to wonder...Is this REALLY a problem we suffer from in America? Are there a lot of people running around with toilet paper stuck to their butts? It seems to me that people do not understand how toilet paper works if it is ending up on their butt cheeks!

And why cartoon bears? Although I'm guessing using real bears would be a little tricky, I still don't get the bear comparison. I suppose there are some people that have unusually hairy rearends but is that really the demographic they need to focus on? Perhaps it's an untapped market but I have to believe that the majority of Americans out there have a minimal amount of butt hair and are quite capable of using toilet paper with little difficulty. Personally, I think they should just go back to sweet ole' Mr. Whipple telling us "Don't squeeze the Charmin!"




2 comments:

  1. It answers the eternal question of whether bears s**t in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh.. yes Don...you have always been a wise one!

    ReplyDelete